Lightning cryptocurrency exchange
In 2015, the Ethereum platform was launched, which quickly gathered like-minded people interested in smart contract technology. In 2016, an attacker discovered a vulnerability with which he stole $50 million. After this event, a hard fork occurred, as a result of which two coins appeared — Ethereum with an updated protocol and Ethereum Classic as the initial version of Ethereum.
Ethereum Classic blockchain speed and fees
The exchange requires 30 confirmations. Blocks on the ETC blockchain appear approximately every 13 seconds. Average exchange confirmation time is 6.5 minutes.
Today, the average Ethereum Classic transaction fee is 0.000072 ETC.
When will Bitcoin be credited to your wallet?
We send Bitcoin immediately after the exchange is completed, but the time before the first confirmation depends on several parameters:
- Commissions. In our exchanger miner fee is set so that the transaction was one of the first.
- Frequency of occurrence of blocks. Blocks in the Bitcoin network appear on average every 10 minutes, but it happens that a new block does not appear for an hour or more. In this case, the Commission may lose its relevance and the transaction may go a little longer than planned.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
When can I spend the funds received?
- If you request funds for a personal Bitcoin wallet, you can dispose of them immediately after one confirmation of the network.
- If funds are sent to an exchange or other services where there is a need for multiple confirmations, then you will need to wait until the transaction receives the required number of confirmations.
How does the number of confirmations in the Bitcoin network increase?
After the first confirmation, they will only grow with newly mined blocks. If there is no next block for a long time, then the number of confirmations up to this point will remain unchanged.
exchange in 3 easy steps
- Enter the desired amount of Ethereum Classic and write your wallet address to receive currency.
- Click the «Exchange now» button and you will be taken inside your order.
- Send Ethereum Classic to the address from your order, after the required network confirmation, Bitcoin will be sent instantly.