EXCHANGE XRP TO BITCOIN
What do you need to know?
- The average time for exchanging XRP to BTC is no more than 1 minute
- Only 1 XRP blockchain confirmation is needed to complete the exchange
- If using an R address, be sure to include the Destination tag (DT)
- If the wallet supports an X-address, you do not need to specify the Destination tag
- The speed of confirmation of a Bitcoin transaction depends on the level of congestion of the Bitcoin blockchain network, read more in our article
XRP at a glance
Ripple is a blockchain-like payment system launched by OpenCoin Inc in 2012 that focuses on non-chargeback currency exchanges.
Ripple works not only with cryptocurrencies, but also fiat currencies and commodities. That being said, it is worth highlighting the difference in the names of Ripple and XRP. Until recently, an equal sign was put between these two names. Now, Ripple is the name of the company, and XRP is the internal cryptocurrency of the Ripple network.
What is a Destination tag and should it be specified?
Destination tag is a payment identifier in Ripple and other coins. When exchanging on our service, be sure to indicate the tag when sending coins.
If it happened that you forgot to specify the tag or specified it incorrectly:
- If you forgot to specify the tag, the transaction on our service will not work. You can re-create the transaction with a tag and send it.
- If the tag was specified incorrectly, please contact our technical support service and we will help you.
R-address is a regular address that starts with «r». The tag is generated automatically when placing an order.
X-address (new format) — starts with «x» and contains the destination tag.
If the wallet does not support X-address
If your wallet does not support X-address, you can use R-address with a tag. You can use the Xrpaddress service to convert the address.
The advantage of XRP over competitors is that the speed of financial transactions is almost instantaneous. An interesting feature is that the speed will not be affected by either the price or the Ripple rate, and even the load on the network will not be a problem.
When will Bitcoin be credited to your wallet?
We send Bitcoin immediately after the exchange is completed, but the time before the first confirmation depends on several parameters:
- Commissions. In our exchanger miner fee is set so that the transaction was one of the first.
- Frequency of occurrence of blocks. Blocks in the Bitcoin network appear on average every 10 minutes, but it happens that a new block does not appear for an hour or more. In this case, the Commission may lose its relevance and the transaction may go a little longer than planned.
How to estimate the confirmation time of the transaction?
There are several ways to estimate the time of confirmation of the transaction, but you need to understand that it is impossible to calculate it accurately since many factors affect the passage of your transaction, you can read more in our article.
- The easiest way to find out when the first confirmation of the network is to go in the service of collecting statistics from BitcoinFees Earn.com there you can see when your transaction gets into a block, depending on the fee which you sent it.
- You can also use the Explorer Blockchair.com where you can see the priority of the transaction. The first number is what place in the queue is a transaction, the second how many transactions are pending (e.g. priority 1676/9495). Each block includes approximately 2500 transactions, we see that our transaction is in 1676 place in the queue, and therefore must pass in the next block.
It is important to note that to increase the number of confirmations, a new block must appear, blocks in bitcoin can go from 1 to 75 minutes. The average time of Bitcoin block appearance is 10 minutes.
You can read more in our article about the confirmation time in the Bitcoin network.
When can I spend the funds received?
- If you request funds for a personal Bitcoin wallet, you can dispose of them immediately after one confirmation of the network.
- If funds are sent to an exchange or other services where there is a need for multiple confirmations, then you will need to wait until the transaction receives the required number of confirmations.
How does the number of confirmations in the Bitcoin network increase?
After the first confirmation, they will only grow with newly mined blocks. If there is no next block for a long time, then the number of confirmations up to this point will remain unchanged.